the nest of creativity
1. Look closely at everything REAL around you. The REAL stuff. Notice the beauty. Write down all the beautiful things you see. The cracks, the shadows, the deterioration. Find a something simple and real and re-create the beauty.
2. WHO HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE? WRITE A SHORT STORY ABOUT THAT PERSON. YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME. And, THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE.
3. Find a piece of furniture in your house. Look for its possibilities. Can it be painted? Can it be covered in a collage of drawings, renderings, or other objects?
4. ms. Jenny's favorite prompt!!!
create a new mythology, a new origin for everything, or a world we haven't discovered.
Read Sydney Bullock's writing here!
Read Laura Dority's writing here!
5. Find anything around your home that has history. Now create a fictional history or story for the object. Where did it come from? How did it arrive in your home? Who may have used it or touched it before you?
6. DO A PUPPET SHOW!
Most birdies know how to make or already have their own model stage for puppet shows and or make believe play. You can turn virtually any bookshelf, quiet corner, stack of books, stair landing, or cardboard box into a STAGE! Puppets can be made out of so many everyday things.
a. string, paperclips, and paper
b. Popsicle sticks and crafting supplies
c. crayons, dolls, figurines and small action figures make for the best actors on set :)
d. old fabric for curtains (Some of our students even know how to rig their own pulling curtain.)
e. play make believe for hours and see where it takes you
f. if you like what you've found write it down and you'll have your first script
7. New dance recipe!
use this recipe to make your own delectable phrase!
*Be creative within these very LOOSE guidelines. Once you have discovered each ingredient, make sure you can creatively move in and out of each part! Try not to be too literal, find a way to make this dish, in this order, with your own spice and flavor!
1. change the focus of your head 3 times
2. Cross your arms in a fluid motion
3. lunge and then straighten both legs
4. jump from one foot to the other
5. add a moment of stillness
6. inhale and fall
7. turn to the left and touch the ground
8. turn to the right and look up
9. twist, jump, sit
10. Make a shape that compliments your surroundings
11. break, flow
13. end in x position on the ground
we will share in online classes or you can send me videos!! I would love to see what you come up with!